ProfieldTech is seeking an experienced Section Engineer to the team based in Buckinghamshire
This project will include a 3.37km viaduct, 15.75km twin-bored tunnel, and five vent shafts handling both intervention and tunnel ventilation facilities.
The Site Engineer is responsible for supporting the construction team with the technical and engineering aspects of the works.
• Method Statements and ITPs
: • Liaise with the client representative and designers over design issues/changes.
• Assist the site management team to manage sections of the work/specific sub-contract packages.
• Take responsibility for checking and keeping records of delivered material, to ensure all materials used on site are in line with the specification. To include adequate checks on subcontractor materials.
• Managing your own section of works and reporting back to Sub Agent or Agent
• Carry out checks for quality in accordance with the inspection and test plan throughout the contract and duly record.
• Establish records; calibration documents and check registers for all instruments on-site, including subcontractor’s instruments.
• Keep accurate records for excavations, reduce dig, concrete pours, reinforcement etc. and convey to the commercial team
• Carry out surveys of completed works to record as-built conditions.
• Assist in drafting method statements and inspection and test plans.
Experience & Qualification:
• The post holder will be educated to a degree or higher level or equivalent in a numerate discipline, typically an Engineering discipline. A lower educational level, typically HNC or HND may be acceptable where a very significant level of experience in a technical engineering role can be demonstrated
• Membership of an appropriate professional body, typically Chartered member of Institute of Civil Engineering or an international equivalent professional status.
• Experience of managing or assisting with the management of programs of work, ensuring the project runs to schedule
• Experience in managing subcontractors and finding solutions to problems that may cause delays or extra costs.
• Experience leading or assisting with the leadership of site teams and mentoring them to help built a solid project team.
• Knowledge of the development and implementation of quality management.
• CSCS card
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria